- About Us
- General Info
- Legal Entities
- Starting a Business
- SZV Employer Obligations
- Closing a Business
- COCI Portal
- Model/Registry Forms
- News & Events
Philipsburg November 15, 2022
Three positions on the Board will become vacant as of January 1st, 2023, and these positions will be filled by three (3) candidates chosen in the upcoming Election. One (1) small & Two (2) large seats.
Nomination period for the filling of these positions shall be from
November 15th to November 28th, 2022.
The Chamber wants to remind the business community on St. Maarten, that nomination forms are available from November 15th , 2022 These forms must be submitted to the Chamber no later than Tuesday, November 28th, 2022 at 12:00p.m.
Voters for Large Businesses are those entitled to vote, whose names appear in the Commercial Register as involved in an established company whose minimum capital investment is one hundred thousand guilders (Fls.100,000.00). Voters with less than one hundred thousand guilders capital investment are classified as Small Businesses.
Entitled To Vote Are:
- Residents (those registered with the Registry Office);
- Of Dutch citizenship/nationality.
- Who for one year, immediately preceding the making up of the Register of Voters, appear in the Commercial Register of the Chamber as:
Owner, partner, manager, deputy manager, managing director, supervisory director, general attorney or proxy holders (with no limitations).
Excluded From Voting Are:
- Prisoners, persons put in a ward because of insanity, persons adjudged bankrupt, etc.
Eligible are those who meet the following requirements:
- Residents for the last two years;
- Dutch citizenship;
- Minimum of 25 years of age per August 15th, 2021;
- No incompatibilities (more persons in the same business);
- Not excluded from eligibility (see entitled to vote).
Duration of Membership
A term of office lasts three years. Each year, one third of the membership steps down by rotation. Temporary vacancies: also stepping down by rotation.
- Voluntary resignation.
- Dismissal by law.
We want to advise all businesses who want to take part in the Election to first settle their outstanding bills at The Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
- Business Beyond Borders 27th Mar 2023
- COCI 44th Anniversary 13th Mar 2023
- Continued Consultations with Key Stakeholders 07th Mar 2023